HFSA 22 - Dr James Januzzi (Massachusetts General Hospital, US) outlines the findings of the PROVE-HF study, a trial which aimed to determine the effect of sacubitril/valsartan therapy on cardiac biomarkers in patients with mitral regurgitation in heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.
1. What was the ideology behind PROVE-HF?
2. What is the mechanism of action behind sacubitril/valsartan?
2. What was the study design and patient population?
3. What were the key results?
4. How should these findings impact clinical practice?
5. Where are the knowledge gaps, and what further research is needed?
Recorded remotely from Boston, 2022.
Interviewer: Jordan Rance
Videographer: Oliver Miles