ESC-HFA 2023 — Prof Domingo Pascual Figal (Hospital Clinico Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, SP) discusses the DAPA MODA study (NCT04707352).
The study aimed to assess the effects of dapagliflozin on cardiac remodeling parameters, particularly LA geometry and function, and biomarkers reflecting pathophysiological pathways. Findings from ESC Heart Failure 2023 revealed that dapagliflozin administration in stable out-setting chronic HF patients with optimised therapy resulted in global reverse remodelling of cardiac structure, including reduced LA volumes, improved LV geometry and decreased NT-proBNP concentrations at 180 days.
1. What is known about SGLT2is' mechanism and study importance?
2. What is the study design, methodology, and outcomes?
3. What are the key findings?
4. What are the take-home messages?
5. How do the effects of dapagliflozin compare with other available treatments?
Recored on-site at HFA 2023, Prague.
Explore more content from the ESC Heart Failure 2023 Late-breaking Science Collection.
Editor: Mirjam Boros
Video Specialist: Tom Green, Dan Brent