HFSA 2022 — Dr Sara Saberi (University of Michigan School of Medicine, US) joins us to talk about the findings of the REDWOOD-HCM OLE. This 5-year extension study showed improvement in KCCQ scores in patients with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) treated with aficamten (Cytokinetics), a novel cardiac myosin inhibitor (NCT04219826).
1. What are some of the unmet needs in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?
2. Can you please briefly remind us of the findings from the parent study?
3. What was the design of the analysis and what were the baseline characteristics of the patients?
4. What are the key findings?
5. What are the next steps and what are the take-home messages for clinicians?
Recorded remotely from Ann Arbor, 2022.
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros
Videographer: Oliver Miles